Αξιολόγηση Θέματος:
  • 0 Ψήφοι - 0 Μέσος Όρος
Greek bus manufacturers
Hello reshz!

I answer to this thread because I have the same question as you. I have tried about a year ago to contact with ELVO and find information on their models but unfortunately the company is under liquidation at the moment and there is noone at the offices...

About Sarakakis, as far as I know, there were some models with specific names. For example:

This is a Sarakakis Macedonia:
[Εικόνα: thumb_DSC02109.JPG]

You can find it's plate on the gallery:
[Εικόνα: thumb_DSC02114.JPG]

This is a Sarakakis Athena:
[Εικόνα: thumb_227_dekeleias_trigono_nf_b9.jpg]

And this is a Sarakakis Atrotos (in greek this means indestructible):
[Εικόνα: thumb_fullsizeoutput_291d.jpeg]

I personally arrange these bus types visually but I have no other information on other models.

Now about Sfakianakis, I know that until 1993 the company was called Bussing Hellas. I can answer your questions only about the midi citybuses (SS400L and so on). 

I have photographed a few manufacturer's plates of Sfakianakis buses as I was wondering about their model name and to find out where the chassis they were built on was produced. I have listed a few manufacturer's plates below:

This manufacturer's plate belongs to the bus below:
[Εικόνα: thumb_khy2231_NSL_155_36_korinthias.jpg]

The plate above belongs to this bus:
[Εικόνα: thumb_khy5956_agoniston_polytechneiou_dr...atsini.jpg]

This plate belongs to a bus similar to this (it belongs to YZX-9058 which was built a year earlier than the bus in the image below)
[Εικόνα: thumb_yzx9713_fragoklissias_13_amarousiou_060.jpg]

This plate belongs to the same time of bus as above but please note that even though both are called S10.155 their VIN format is different, the VIN of the bus above starts with 3067... while the VIN of the bus below starts with XG9...
[Εικόνα: thumb_zht9517_S10_155_q_olgas_17_amarousiou.jpg]

You can see that the type is written on the manufacturer's plate. The VIN begins with XG9... so I suppose that the chassis of these buses was built in Greece, if it was manufactured by MAN itself I suppose it would begin with WMA...

In the beginning I had no idea how these buses were called, I started to write SS380L, SS400L, NSL 155.36 and so on after I found their VINs online or through taking photographs of the manufacturer's plates and by reading to other sites, as the Bus Planet website you mentioned. I noticed that Sfakianakis buses have a VIN format as follows XG9xxxx... where xxxx seems to be the model, so I took the model name of the bus from this. S10.155, SS380L and SS400L seem to be pretty much standardized buses (I mean their bodywork seems to be of just one kind, there where no facelifts) so I guess it is OK to recognize them visually and to describe them as such.
Απάντηση

Μηνύματα στο Θέμα
Greek bus manufacturers - από reshz - 02-07-2021, 01:16 PM
RE: Greek bus manufacturers - από Giannis - 18-07-2021, 12:42 PM
RE: Greek bus manufacturers - από vard_57 - 18-07-2021, 04:10 PM
RE: Greek bus manufacturers - από reshz - 23-07-2021, 02:10 PM

Μετάβαση στη συζήτηση:

Χρήστης (ες) διαβάζουν αυτό το θέμα: 1 Επισκέπτης (ες)