Αξιολόγηση Θέματος:
  • 0 Ψήφοι - 0 Μέσος Όρος
Greek buses info
Welcome to leoforeia.gr Mikhail! I hope we can assist you in your task in Fotobus, I am already aware of this site.

Σύναψη:1. Is it possible to find out information on the bus, having its license plate? I asked this question from several people, but they answered me that it is possible to do this only through an "operator" - as I understand it, this is not available for an ordinary person?
I found documents for insurance of buses of municipalities, where in addition to all VIN and the year was written. Can I find this information on the buses of any municipality?

By having the license plate of a bus you can understand roughly two things a) when it started to be used in Greece and b) where it is registered. The first two letters of a licence plate are distinctive of the prefecture, the third letter and the numbers show when it was registered. Please note that the third letter is following the sequence of the Greek alphabet, for example ΑΚΖ-3879 was registered earlier than ΑΚΗ-4375 as Z is between E and H in Greek, not the last letter as in many other alphabets. You can find more information on this in this wikipedia article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_re...signations

That's all the information you can get publicly from the licence plate. You can't find the model or the year of manufacture or other specific information on a vehicle with the license plate, you have to ask the operator as you said.

As far as the buses of municipalities are concerned, I rely mostly on the same documents to find the VIN of these buses too. Unfortunately the availability of the VIN is depending on the municipality, some municipalities upload this information on the web, others don't do so. You can take a look on the gallery of the buses of the municipalities, some of these buses have their VIN already filled in.

Σύναψη:2. Are there lists of all KTEL and AKTEL somewhere? I'm not sure if all KTELs are displayed in the gallery... I am also interested in any information on them - when they were created, what routes they serve, etc. I will be glad for any information that you can provide me!

As far as KTEL and Urban KTEL are concerned, the information on the gallery is quite accurate. Typically, each prefecture in mainland Greece has one KTEL (except for Viotia where there are two KTEL in this prefecture). Large islands have their own KTEL too, except from Crete. You can find some information about the various KTEL in their Union website: https://ktelbus.com/en/category/ktel/?cn-reloaded=1

Only KTEL of Kos and Karpathos are missing from the list. There are also no KTEL in Kalimnos and Sifnos. Information about their routes and history can be found on their websites, not every website is detailed though. By clicking on the link above, you can find links to their websites. Some islands' KTEL do not have a website.

Σύναψη:3. Are there any lists of KTEL or AKTEL buses? I have several lists, but they are not as complete as I would like, maybe some KTEL have separate lists compiled by enthusiasts? I saw pages on the forum where AKTEL buses are discussed (replacements, new buses, etc.), but since everything is in Greek, putting everything together is too difficult for me.

If you have information about any specific AKTEL with the dates of replacement / addition of buses, then it would be very useful for me!

Indeed there are some lists of KTEL and Urban KTEL buses on the website but not every list is up-to-date unfortunately. You can check the date of the posts that contain the lists to see if they are old or new. What information would you like to know? Other members may assist you in this question more than what I can do.
Απάντηση

Μηνύματα στο Θέμα
Greek buses info - από reshz - 17-04-2021, 01:36 AM
RE: Greek buses info - από Giannis - 17-04-2021, 04:30 PM
RE: Greek buses info - από reshz - 17-04-2021, 05:21 PM
RE: Greek buses info - από Giannis - 18-04-2021, 04:30 PM
RE: Greek buses info - από reshz - 18-04-2021, 08:59 PM

Μετάβαση στη συζήτηση:

Χρήστης (ες) διαβάζουν αυτό το θέμα: 1 Επισκέπτης (ες)